Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelors of Science (BSc)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Member of the British Thoracic Society
- Member of The Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care (ACPRC)
- Member of Physiotherapy for Breathing Pattern Disorders
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Emily completed her undergraduate training in Physiotherapy at the University of Southampton, graduating in 2010.
She specialised in the respiratory field from 2012, and prior to this completed general rotations in elderly care, musculoskeletal outpatients, neurology, and orthopaedics.
During her respiratory career, Emily has worked at the world renowned Royal Brompton Hospital in London, and gained considerable experience in the following areas: cystic fibrosis, intensive care, cardio-thoracic surgery, acute medical wards (COPD, bronchiectasis, and asthma), respiratory outpatients, paediatric intensive care, paediatric cystic fibrosis, difficult asthma service, COVID intensive care including ECMO, long-covid service.
Emily has specialist experience in the following areas:
- The assessment and treatment of complex causes of breathlessness, including cardiac and respiratory disease, long-covid, breathing pattern disorders and hyperventilation syndrome, difficult asthma, exercise-induced laryngeal obstruction (EILO) and excessive dynamic airway collapse (EDAC)
- Treatment of long-covid including fatigue and breathlessness management.
- Airway clearance techniques – this involves exercises to keep the lungs clean and clear of secretions to prevent infection and is particularly important if you have a respiratory condition, or are prone to chest infections, as it helps prevent further lung damage.
- Increasing physical activity in the presence of breathlessness, respiratory disease, and/or oxygen requirements, in order to encourage the individual to be as independent and active as possible.
Emily has specialist experience in the following conditions:
- Asthma (including difficult asthma)
- Breathing pattern disorder
- Chronic cough
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- COVID-19 / Long-COVID
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Recovery post heart or lung surgery
- Reduced fitness or mobility
Working hours at The Bohdi Practice:
Please visit www.airphysiocornwall.co.uk for more information, including pricing.